Product options enable you to give a possibility for customers to choose some properties of a purchased item (e.g. size, color or gift pack).
- How to add product options to your products
- Video Tutorial
- What do product options types mean?
How to add product options to your products
1. In the control panel, Catalog > Products > product page, Options.
2. Click "New Option" to add an option and its parameters
3. Then follow these steps
3.1 Submit the title and choose an input type (for example "Select").
3.2 Click on "New Selection" to add parameters of the option.
3.3 Set the price modifier if applicable (If not applicable jump to step 4):
+ adds up to the basic price
- deducts from the basic price.
$ - adds/deducts amount
% - adds/deducts a percentage
Enter the amount or % depending on what's selected in column 2
If you have more than one selection, choose which one will be selected by default on the product page.
If you want more than one selection for each option, just repeat step 3.2 & 3.3.
To add more than one option, repeat steps 2 and 3
4. Once you have all your options set, click Save.
What do product options types mean?
Each option type refers to a certain type of HTML element.
- Select — drop-down menu with option values
- Radio — radio-buttons with option values
- Date Picker — the input box with the popup calendar to select date
- Text Field and Text Area — an input text field to type in any text by your customers
- Upload file — allows customers to attach files to their purchases (NOTE: this option is available in paid store accounts only)
- Checkboxes - checkboxes with option values